Updates? Disaster?

bgilbert

VE Guy
I know the gates haven't been open for only a few hours, but what's up? Is it a disaster like the pulls usually are down there?:hehe: Same deal as last year, once you enter the 'fence', you can't go back out or you have to pay again, ie, no going for beer or the like?

New location is so much better than last year. More room for parking and more seating. Crowd was not as big as in the past, probably because of drag races being cancelled and that crowd not being here. If the crowd was a large as last year, seating probably would have a little short.

Number of pullers was was down. 34 maybe in 2.6 class. Pulls were over at @ 8:30.

didn't go last year, but it's a pretty good event. No problems with parking. Plenty of room to walk around, watch dyno, and watch pulls. Very laid back and awesome weather. 2 trucks almost hit 1000HP

didn't go last year, but it's a pretty good event. No problems with parking. Plenty of room to walk around, watch dyno, and watch pulls. Very laid back and awesome weather. 2 trucks almost hit 1000HP

I saw the 7.3, what was the other?

Probably that big black dodge dually that bean's built. I didn't see it's numbers, but I saw it make a pull or two on the dyno.

We had 34 trucks in 2.6 and 25 in 2.8 class with two sleds going so it didnt take long. Tech was quick and painless and qualifying went very smooth. Some bad-ass trucks here for sure. And the 3.0s and Mods havent event hooked yet.

Tomorrows gonna be a lot of fun!

I'll say it was the best orchestrated pull I have ever been to gas, diesel whatever. You know it was smooth when 60+ trucks hook in barely over 2 hrs. Very nicely ran.

I'll say it was the best orchestrated pull I have ever been to gas, diesel whatever. You know it was smooth when 60+ trucks hook in barely over 2 hrs. Very nicely ran.

Yep, Tech was done early on in the afternoon and the pulls went like clockwork. I'm impressed.

We had 34 trucks in 2.6 and 25 in 2.8 class with two sleds going so it didnt take long. Tech was quick and painless and qualifying went very smooth. Some bad-ass trucks here for sure. And the 3.0s and Mods havent event hooked yet.

Tomorrows gonna be a lot of fun!
I saw they pulled you off to the side at tech, what was going on?

the two trucks i saw close to 1k were the maroon 7.3 , and the white mega cab that was with the ats crew.

Pulls yesterday were great, were did those 2.6 trucks come from......wow, very impressed, 2.8 trucks did very good too but there side of the track just wasn't there.

One of the first pics I took, nice layout!DSC00985.JPG

Still some douch bags tearing the fields up though but this time there are pics and license plate numbers.

Jim

so if there was only 25 2.8 trucks why did they even have to qualify?

:whs:

Not to be a downer or nothin, but I'm glad I didn't drive 9+ hours. I did see a bunch of videos of some hotel parking lot burnouts though :D

I know the gates haven't been open for only a few hours, but what's up? Is it a disaster like the pulls usually are down there?:hehe: Same deal as last year, once you enter the 'fence', you can't go back out or you have to pay again, ie, no going for beer or the like?

We didn't have any problems, we left and ate dinner, we even bought the girls back with us and they didn't even make us pay for them, just waived us in. In my opinion this event is going smooth, even Dennis Perry and Phil from Comp were working traffic control Sheila was taking money and giving out wrist bands. Really gave it a hometown feel. Thanks for a great first day everyone.

Back