Upgraded tranny

yeah been beating it with a hammer for an hour no go! clockwise when standing in front of truck right!

Last edited:
smokinVE, are you still looking to sell the 4500? What part of AZ? I'm fixing to drop my pig in an FJ80, and transmission/tcase is all I'm missing.

Any chance he'll want a 5 yanker? I'd like to sell off my 4500 set-up to go to an auto, and you guys aren't terribly far from AZ.

What is he/she not liking about the 727? They're pretty strong units for the HP potential of the mighty VE.

Replied to your pm. I'm between Goodyear and buckeye, behind the Estrella mountains.

How did it go unnoticed that the OP is doing this for a "customer" but is on an interwebs forum trying to figure out which transmission he has and how to tune a VE pump.

Smokin, I guess anyone with a snapon set can be a mechanic nowadays. Lmao

It's true, and you don't even need a Snap-On tool set! A good Dewalt impact driver and a Kobalt tool set, and you're in business!

How did it go unnoticed that the OP is doing this for a "customer" but is on an interwebs forum trying to figure out which transmission he has and how to tune a VE pump.

Guys were busy pointing the same thing out on one of the other threads he started for the same reason. Lol

The people that are "mechanics" or own a "performance shop" these days...

Back