upgrades turbo and hpop

Crazy_Canuck

Way up north
looking for ideas for new turbo and should i also replace my hpop. need 400 hp reliable........ thanks. 430k kms (270k miles)

If you want 400 hp, you'll also need injectors. Stock injectors, even with an upgraded turbo and HPOP, will only see 350-360 hp tops.

Now if you upgrade injectors and go to single shots, you might not even need to upgrade the HPOP (depending on how well your stock HPOP keeps up with the singles).

As for the turbo, that's easy. If you plan to stay around 400 hp, drop in a Garrett GTP38R.

i have an AFE stage 2 intake 4"MBRP turbo back muffler delete, regulated fuel return and, swamps 175/146 singles in it now with a DP
f6 tuner. but should i replace the hpop just because i am doing the turbo and should i then use somthing like a stealth pump or just replace with a new stock pump.(big price difference) and then what turbo would be a good choice? thanks for all the info.......

Ahh, didn't know you already had the injectors.

Upgraded HPOP's can help, however it's good to know what your current HPOP is doing and how it's performing. You'll need to make some WOT runs in your highest chip setting, and datalog the pressure that the pump is able to maintain. If you're seeing ~3000 psi and holding, then your HPOP is keeping up. If it's dropping under 2500 psi or less, then you'll benefit from a better pump.

was on the phone to SWAMPS and they have a link on their website on how to check output on HPOP so i will do that but then again what turbo would be best? Thanks for all your input.:woohoo:

Best turbo for 400HP would be Garrett GTP38R hands down. It is a nice ball bearing drop in (Dont need to change anything but the turbo itself.) Most vendors sell it. I am pretty sure you could get one from Swamps.

Back