Used PPE Goodies Install on LMM. ??'s

deerefanatic

Always learnin...
Ok, got an 08 LMM sittin here that the owner just bought a PPE Dual Fueler and Duramaximizer from a guy with an LBZ (or so he told me) He wants me to install this for him. I just looked over the boxes of goodies and looks like all there.

I've got:

PPE Upgraded Fuel module
PPE CP3 pump with pulley and bracket
A shredded fan belt LOL
Some wire harness and various lines and stuff.
The Duramaximizer unit
Idler pulleys, bolts, misc hardware.

The truck is an 08 LMM, has Grade C headgaskets that I put in along with ARP 425 Headstuds this spring. Has an Airdog 150 or 165 (Not sure which, I didn't install it) and stock turbo. PPE Xcelerator Hot+2 ET Race programmer for LMM. Stock injector nozzles.

What do you guys think he'll make for HP with this setup? There's currently a Nitrous Express kit installed which will at the very least need to be relocated due to the fact the second CP3 is gonna go where the solenoids are mounted. This kit is what cost him a motor last summer. Something about that PPE + 2 #110 jets in his nitrous kit didn't jive well for a stock motor! :bang I'm thinking, even with the headstuds, if he goes to usin that kit again, something in the bottom end is gonna go.....

Just looking for any wisdom you guys have on this? Will this LBZ stuff all fit ok?

Lastly, the kid said that the guy he got this stuff from said something about having a switch wired in that you can use to shut down the second pump for less drag on the motor when you're not romping on it? From PPE's literature, seems like the controller takes care of it for ya.

Thanks!

Stock pistons will not take dual fuelers, stock turbo. Throw in a N20 shot and you'll be building an engine faster than you can say "why is it knocking and smoking like that"

Pistons crack or melt or??? With stock injector tips, probably will limit him alot I'd think?

So basically yank the NOS for sure, and warn of the byproducts of too much fuel. I've at least got him convinced that using his boost fooler to get 45psi out of the stock turbo is not smart. LOL

stock pistons will crack quickly with that much fuel/ heat. Why does he want to do dual fuelers before a turbo or nozzles ? Did he go back with a completely stock motor after the first one went down ?
The limit is not near enough air to burn that fuel. too much fuel will add heat to break a piston or 8. Add NOS to that and you're looking to window a block IMO

OK. Yah, he's set on this..... He's talkin about gettin an EFI Live tune from John Kennedy (he's not far from me).. But I tried to tell him that he'd have money better spent on other mods.. Oh well. At the end of the day, customer's always right.

Yes, the motor is a GM stock replacement. He managed to get partial warranty from GM. Don't know how he managed that one....

I've yet to have any problem with my LBZ with ATS twin CP3's on stock engine with socal diesel conservative tuning. Rob is right twin can blow a stock engine but tuning has a big effect on how long that engine will hold up and to be honest my next tune will be done by rob when my checkbook allows lol.

Back