Using Aluminum for compound pipes..???

Laramie4x4

I'm still FASTER
I was trying to find more info about the pressure aluminum pipe can hold and I want to use all wiggins clamps on my new compound set up... do you think aluminum will hold the pressure on a gt4094 over a gt50 externally gated... I'm not looking for high boost but I want the turbos to run in their maps.. thanks for the info guys...hope ya'll had a great christmas...

I was going to use aluminum but I only have a MIG welder and I can't MIG aluminum that thin. So instead of paying to have them TIG welded I just used steel. I did use V-Bands everywhere and only put a silicone hump hose in the middle of the pipe that connects the chargers for flex instead of at the turbo.

All of my cold pipes are aluminum if this is what your asking. I would think you would need at least one silicone hose to allow for some movement in the heating and cooling of the system. The thinwall pipe is kind of hard to clamp to and not crush.

Primarily I wanted to know if I could use them and not blow them up...

I just changed mine to alum. and v-band connections and have no problems. Not sure what psi im runnin but can peg 60 lb gauge quick! My 100 pri should be here any day and ill let you know

I'm sure it will.. we use aluminum intercoolers.. radiators.. they all make decent pressure...

Believe my twins heading this way will be done up in Aluminum.

Back