Utah State fair

The St. George, Utah sled pull is on the 27th of September at the washington county fair grounds. Starts around 6

had a great time at the pull sorry to hear you broke kevin :bang but you did have a pretty good pull.... also congrats josh and shane:rockwoot:

thanks mike. it was a great pull and a great turnout. the super street class had a good showing of really good running trucks. I do have to say thanks to sean and brian at the shop for fixing my truck after i had my dumb a$$ attack at the drags the weekend before!! no more nitrous for me.

What a show guys! Thanks to all of you diesel guys that showed up (All 50 of you :)) We had a great turnout, 107 hooks for the night to be exact! Biggest pull we have ever put on. Congrats to Josh and Shane with their wins! We had to double check to make sure the sled worked correctly on Josh's pull because of the speed he was carrying :) The Hurricane pull is on for the 27th at 6:00. Talking to Richard, it sounds like we will have a really good diesel turnout down there. Depending on how many trucks do show up, we may run another class at the end of the show as kind of a "Run what ya Brung" deal. As with all of our pulls, everybody is invited and we hope to see you there! Let me know if you have any questions about it. On behalf of the United Pullers, thanks again for another great year!

50 out of 107 hooks were diesels, there are 4 classes for diesels, and I'm not sure how many there are for gas, but I think we need to start talking about payouts for next year. My question is, do the payouts for all the diesels go into the pot for the payouts for the gas trucks?

The gas pickups do not get paid either. Only the modified trucks. $5-$10 dollars of everybody's hook fee goes into the sled fund to pay for the new sled and finish paying off the little sled. The remaining money from the hooks goes into expenses such as advertising, insurance, sled transportation, pa systems, etc. I'm all for a payout for you guys but I'm not the one you have to convince...it's the rest of the general members. If you want a voice, PLEASE come to our meeting next month. That's the best (and usually only) place to make some changes. Keep an eye on our website for the date and location. We need to have you guys help us get some strictly diesel sponsors that will throw some money in the kitty for certain pulls and we will be happy to pay that money back out to you guys. There is hundreds of performance companies out there, I know we can get some money from them and we WILL give them their money's worth at each show (posters, announcing, banners, class sponsors, etc.)

WOW that was a great pull Josh when you went out the gate so fast and coasted the last 30ft with the sled pushing you my first thought was the pan didnt drop, but im glad that barn stopped you or you would have put 60+ft on us.:clap:

thanks matt. It was finally nice to steal a win from you for once!:Cheer: We chased you all year long I believe. That was the first time that my truck ever caught 4th gear so we must have done something right. I wish I would have looked at the speedometer:doh: I hope that we can race each other that good next year. Are you gointo go to st. George? I let off the go pedal between the 2 gates. And still had to hit the brakes. The flagman was a little mad cause I didnt stop for his red flag, but I was watching the barn not him.

I would love to go down, but once again can't afford to go. Although if someone that was going, would let me hitch a ride... That would be awesome:rockwoot:

you did have a rough year kev. hope I think you broke more u-joints than anyone>:doh: hope you get it fixed soon

Lets see the front u-joint 2 times, my Iron Giant, my rear spider gears, blew a radiator hose, governor spring issues, got my valves half sucked through the keepers, blew the o-ringed headgasket, bent the axle on my trailer, some how got my trailer brakes to quit working and quickly killing Megan's tranny towing my broken truck all over the place! Soon my truck's (and trailer) will be brand new again!

Back