v10 stator'd ATS/Specrite converter

shiftycapone

wandering the desert
Converter started life as an ATS Triple disc, had it loosened up with a v10 stator from Specrite. Was flushed, cleaned, and looked over while at their shop. They said the clutches looked awesome and everything was good to go. Turned out to still be too tight of a converter for me. Recently pulled the trans to have it loosened up again (after only a few street miles and 3 dyno runs), 2 converter bolts had backed out and ruined my flexplate and f'd a the threads on the converter cover. Needless to say it has turned out to be cheaper to go with a new Goerend unit then to do the modifications to this converter as I had planned...such is life. I don't want to send this converter off as a core since its in fine shape and is not in core shape.

$650 plus core, buyer can pay shipping. I can have the threads fixed or the buyer can worry about it, their choice. I can get pics to whomever of the threads as they are now. Feel free to make offers (reasonable) if you feel I'm too high on price. Considering its a billet triple disc unit which cost me damn near the asking price just for the stator swap, I'd say im fair.

Back