vacuum Diagram

kazairl

Anyone have a Vacuum diagram for an 02 NON-CAD? I can't find one in my service manual.

I have vacuum before the firewall but after it goes through the firewall I have none. Is there an actuator tucked way up there behind the heater ducting, or is it probably just kinked up there somewhere?

Thanks.

Vents stuck in defrost? The only things vacuum is used for on these trucks is the cruise and ductwork in the dash. You can reach the actuator that changes settings, not easily, but you can reach it.

A better description of the issue might help though, when you say you are getting no vacuum, are the vents not changing or are you not feeling anything?

As in I pulled the plug apart under the dash and there is no vacuum on any of the ports. But yes my vents are stuck on defrost. There is no vacuum to the A/C control switch either.

My truck was a manual so the only thing vacuum controlled was the vents.

I didn't know if there was an actuator that shut vacuum off to the cab or if it was just kinked. Looking at where the vacuum comes into the cab it seems like a lot of work to get up there. The vacuum pump works great and I have full vacuum in the engine compartment, the system holds vacuum great. There just isn't anything after it goes through the fire wall.

If you have vacuum going to the actuator and nothing anywhere else past that, sounds like a failed actuator to me.

That's what I was asking. Is there an actuator that shuts vacuum off to the cab? Like when you turn turn the knob to off(or defrost for all I know)? Something that is tucked way up behind the heater ducting?

Sounds like there is. Guess I'll be pulling it apart.

As best I remember, there is nothing to shut the vac off to the inside of the cab, it comes in and goes to the switch or the actuator, I believe to the switch. If you know you have vac inside the cab, check the switch. The most common thing to happen is a line coming loose in the engine compartment. If everything fails, and there is no vacuum present, the default position for the vents is defrost. I would take a good hard look under the hood before diggin into the dash.

When I put my fuel pressure gauge in my truck, I brok a couple of vacuum lines and had the defroster/ac problem. The lines came from the firewall and went toward the driver side headlight. Not sure if this will help any, just what happened to me. Good luck gettin her fixed...

-Billy-

So I finally got my lazy butt around to fixing this, The line that goes from inside the engine compartment to the plug under the dash is plugged up. The inside must have collapsed.

Back