Valair Slipping.

dummins

Another moron
I got the valair single disk full ceramic clutch in my daily driver. Clutch only has 2000 miles on it really thought it would hold better, but it didnt :nail:

Going to a dual disk,but my question is valair's dual disk any good or should I just go southbend?

Truck has DDP 150s, raptor pump, Quadzilla Adrenaline with smarty stacked and a bullseye comp 66 charger.

Thanks for any advice.

There are guys from Valair on this forum. You might want to contact them....

Do you happen to know who so I can pm them, I really liked the clutch install was good did the proper break-in truck was actually bone stock for the first 300 miles.

That clutch should've held your power fine unless you were towing with it!

Never pulled anything with this truck since I put this clutch in, never rode the clutch just drove it.

Get with valair1 or roskoe115.
Guys are great, customer service is great, they will take care of you. Just don't do it angrily, kindness hours a long way with these folks.

I melted my Southbend OFC to the flywheel. These singles don't take the heat very well.

I Didnt have time to call them so I sent them a pm so will see what they say. Im by no means bad mouthing them I just really thought the clutch would hold my setup.

I ran a single disc rated for decent HP for almost 100k, hated it every single time I had to back a heavy trailer. I now have a dual disc rated for 200 HP above what the single was rated for, muuuch better! I should have gone with a DD a looooong time ago.

Get with valair1 or roskoe115.
Guys are great, customer service is great, they will take care of you. Just don't do it angrily, kindness hours a long way with these folks.

Heath doesn't work for Dan anymore, but I don't doubt that he could answer any clutch related questions.

And to the OP, you can't really go wrong with either Southbend or Valair, just a matter of preference really.

And to the OP, you can't really go wrong with either Southbend or Valair, just a matter of preference really.

X2. A buddy of mine runs a sb DD rated the same as my valair and has similar power. They feel about the same to me and both of us have had great customer service with each company.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

yeah I sent the op a pm, something is wrong,flywheel out of flat, something on it, or a boosted launch etc... Never the less like said above, a dual disc is where its at.

Clutch story time.

I had a lowly 4BT in a bread truck, I put a ceramic button clutch that was good to hopped up 454 chevies.

My crew could destroy it in 7,000 miles!

I kept telling them the clutch should last 70,000 miles with this set-up.
But since they can't drive a clutch correctly, I m sure they understand the $1,000 spent to fix it is considered thier raises.
They could warp the plate and shatter the hub springs!
If they warped it any more, it would look like a taco!!!
Clutch shop owner said it had been 30+ years since he saw one this bad.
I said this is number 3!!!
Stupid kid who drove it said slipping it wouldn't hurt it.
i asked to drive his toyota for 1 mile!!
Yes they were both fired.

Flywheel was done when I put the clutch in followed the instructions to the letter and havent had the chance to really even get after it first time I wound the truck out it spun. Never boosted it or pulled anything like I said It only has 2000 miles.

I guess its time to just put a dual disc in and see how that holds up.

Do you take off in 1st or 2nd? You have a manual, correct? When I bought my SBC OFE right at 100,000 miles ago, Peter told me the best thing I could do was to use 1st and quit slippin' it out in 2nd. I use 1st everytime and tow like a class 6 truck with this thing. I've never felt it slip once in any situation. Clutch was rated for 450 hp....my truck dynoed 449 hp. So, a single works fine in some situations. I did however manufacture a "2 wheel drive low" to back heavy trailers. The jerkin' sucked. It is gravy now.

Back