Valair triple disk clutch

edmeyers

Addicted Diesel
Well I don't usally post these things, but I thought I would give some feed back and this clutch.

My wife and I have been driving this clutch for about 10k miles now it has been towed with dd and romped on

It is in a 01 3500 qc 4x4 weighs about 8500lbs with a nv4500 and np271 fixed yoke

Pros:
The clutch is easy on your leg with stock pedal pressure

Fast shifting

Low noise

Holds power well.

It is a great clutch.

Cons:
Of course if your looking at a clutch like this you already know that hp is a trade off for driveability that being said this clutch it not for the faint of heart it sucks towing up steep hills from a dead stop. Without a 2wd low I would not be able to back up the truck and trailer without tearing up something.

I suspected all that when I bought the clutch so I am in no way dissatisfied with my purchase I did the home work and I made the purchase. Valair was happy to answer any questions I had.

I have always been a huge fan of south bend and still am. This purchase was purely test of a new product and I am only posting my findings after living with the clutch for a while.

It you are going to tow a lot and just like to drive from point a to point b without a lot of hassle then you might want to explore other options.

But it you intend to run the ragged edge and need a clutch of this type then you won't be disappointed.

For me it's a love hate relationship I love the pedal and once it's all rolling I have zero issues, but loaded on up hill starts and backing can be challenging. I would suggest that you have a 2wd low kit of some sort on a 4wd but not sure what the 2wd guy would do or the live axle trucks for that matter.

I think some traction bars would help things out and I might try some to see if I could reduce the bucking. I might get around to that one of these days.

Back