Valet Switch?

DART505

WFO ALL THE TIME
Anyone come up with a way to hook up a vallet switch to where you have stock type power fo when other people have to drive your 800hp street truck???:poke:

They normally take one look at my truck and say..."Go ahead and park it wherever you like"...

...not need for valet...LOL LOL

You're asking how to hook up a valet switch on an electronically controlled engine? Amazing....

Anyone come up with a way to hook up a vallet switch to where you have stock type power fo when other people have to drive your 800hp street truck???:poke:

What's amusing about this post is that I wouldn't know how to change the programming on any truck anyway so maybe just don't let anyone else over 55 years old drive it.

I do not valet my truck. If I am going somewhere I might need to valet I take one of my other vehicles. That being said, i thought I saw a thread on how to do it a while back, basically putting the truck in limp mode iirc. I don't feel like searching for it tonight though.

EFI Live.

Oops, sorry I see it is a 05.

Open wastegate?

Tobin

Last edited:
You're asking how to hook up a valet switch on an electronically controlled engine? Amazing....

I cant tell if that is a smart ass remark or dumb ass remark!
I had done a program back on the fords which is electronic controlled and it would have stock or less than stock power and 60mph limit.If someone other than owner has to use it that might "try it out" like sons going to the store for you.
They have 2 of you that had nothing to contribute to this post so go suck a bug!

Last edited:
go suck a bug!

LC8090.jpg

With pleasure!

I think lymp in mode might be a way to go.Find a sensor that would do it,mmmm? I have a 30 and 25 year old sons and they see what I do with it so trying to figure a hidden way to do it, not going to reprogram it every time they go to the store.

Why would your 25 and 30 year old sons need your truck everytime they need to go to the store?

It was just a general statement that if I were not driving it.

1. If they're those ages and cannot be held accountable for using someone else's property, then you should spend some time reflecting on your parenting skills.

2. The POD takes seconds to reduce power, and will lower it below stock power.

3. Forcing a limp mode for a "valet switch"!? C'mon man...

Back