Valve Body Parts

mblanco2000

Jeff at the end of last week sent me 3 parts for my valve body. I have the service manual for this 07 dodge 5.9L and sort of see how to remove the valve body. However, I there are alot of springs, regulator valves etc. that I do not want to mess up when I take the valve body out.

I also do not know where these 3 parts go or what I am looking for exactly.

Hopefully this fix works, but if it does not Jeff sounded like I would at a minimum need a TC. I am curious if that might be all that I would need?

I have some slippage from 1-2 shift. Jeff sent me some parts for the valve body, but I am not sure where they go once I get the body pulled off. He just told me that these parts might help my situation, and sent them out to me. So I am unsure exactly what they are or where they go.

I left him a message late today after hours. I am sure I will hear back from him tomorrow or so.

When I remove the valve body does the truck need to be in neutral? I think I read that in the service manual somewhere last week. Thanks

really?

Take the E clip off the parking rod or jack up the rearend and have someone spin the tires while you pull the parking rod out with the vb.

Did you figure out where the parts go?

No he did not direct me here for tech support. I just figured it would be an alright place to ask questions.

Is it a bad thing if I do not know what the E clip is or the parking rod??

Thanks for the help. I just do not want to mess it up removing the valve body. I am sure I can do it just never done it before.

Just call Jeff and have him tell ya directly..

404-557-4972

I'm sure if he sent ya the parts, he'd be happy to coach ya a bit too.. Just gotta catch him at the right time..

Back