Valve body with no other mods?

calteg

Got the bone stock truck in my sig. It's a daily driver with 130k, transmission acts completely fine now. Looking to get the longest life out of the trans, will installing a VB with no other trans mods have any effect on longevity?

Basically looking to get a Mag-hytec 727-DD, DTT Valve body and increase the lifespan of my transmission with a minimal outlay of $$ and time.

On a different note, it seems like installing a GSK would HAVE to stress the trans more, right? (more fuel at higher RPM = more power?)

I'd look at getting a decently priced single disk converter and throw a Transgo shift kit in there. I'm pretty sure DTT and a few others sell single disks for around $600. A VB is typically $400, so for $700ish you could get the transgo and a tighter converter that would improve MPG and power transfer. My single disk is holding twins and extra fuel just fine.

-Dustin-

well to add to the question what is the difference in doing the transgo and the valve body or are they going to acomplish the same thing?? i just ask because i have the same thing in the garage

My experience with the transgo TFOD HD2 is that it allows you to raise line pressure and keep the stock shift points. It is limited in the fact that you can't really change the shift points.

For a non-race application, I think the transgo would be just fine.

Being a lazy ass, I'm trying to avoid dropping the trans. I can do the VB and Mag-hytec in an afternoon, a TQ, not so much.

When the time comes, I'll go balls out on a built Goerend, but I'd like to save my pennies til then.

IF the VB mod ups the line pressures for performance- will there be a sooner failure of the plastic servos? Can any of those parts be done with the trans installed?
Band brace? reverse servo?

i would go with a hd band strut if you put a shift kit or a dtt, sun coast vb, i would also go with a single disk tc and the transgo tfod hd2 kit, you can get a dacco single tc for $400-500 and the shift kit for $100-120 imo

the servos and accumulator are also great things to put in while your at it, 100bux or so for both

Back