Valve cover clearance/ARP studs?

homewrecker

gear jammer
Just got the newly o-ringed head back on my friends truck and first round of torqueing the new ARP's. Did a quick check on the valve cover clearance before calling it a night and noticed the front 2 center studs might make some contact and require a little grinding on the cover.Is there any more in the rear I need to be aware of?

Studs where not bottom tapped.TIA

I just did my buddy's head too,same thing, I drilled holes in the covers and then siliconed them, he is going to put breathers on them

Get rid of some of the ribbing on the underside of the valve cover and you will be fine. I had the shorter version and had our machinist at work take down the rocker tower to what was suggested by ARP.

Are you guys talking about 12V's or rocker studs? I'm lost!LOL! I'm reffering to the head studs coming into contact with the valve cover.

if you bottom tap them they will clear. I did not do mine, but know how they were done. They clear fine.

10-4 guys. Thanks for the input! I had to do a little grinding on the cover on the couple CR's I have studded,thats what had me asking.

That happpends alot even if the holes are bottom taped,just do some grinding to the cover to make room.

IKE

Mine where tapped, and I still took a little off.

About a 1/16 of an inch, if that.

I may have been able to get away with not cutting it at all.. But, I'd rather risk a little cut on the valve cover than an oil leak.

Back