Valve seals

rjustman

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm going to be running a dual spring setup on my 12v..I have to use the smaller seals..I don't know exactly what I have but taking some measurements O.D. is .600 I.D.is .550 at the very base, inside it tapers down more..my question is what tollerance or difference is there suppose to be..not sure if I worded that right..but I'm sure you get my intent I hope..I measured the valve guide and have it written down but don't have it in front of me to give number on that..any help is appreciated..I did search but didn't find anything specific to this..

Thanks

They make a tool that is guided by the valve guide. And u can cut them with a cordless drill. Then install Ls series valve seals. Don't remember the manufacturer of the tool but they make a lot of valve train tools.

yeah ive seen those tools just curious as to what size if anything I need to get down to so itll stay put and not slip off, or it wont crack because the guide is to big..just trying to get it right, I don't have the time or the money anymore to keep doing this with this motor..its been a nightmare ever since I bought it..i just want to get it put together and put together right this time so I can enjoy it.

thanks for comment though I appreciate it

.486 id on the inner most part of my seals.would the .500 cutting tool suffice... .014 difference enough difference to hold it on?..I'm guessing yes because there's no other cutter I can find similar in size.would hate to ruin a good head by cutting it wrong..

Back