Valve spring compressor

bulldog77

Need some good options on valve spring compressors. My snap on is about to go to scrap barrel. Need some opinions.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

For a 12 valve? My tork tek compressor works decent. Unless you run bigger than like a 60lb over spring, it won't fit between my dual springs I'll tell you that.

Looking for a good versatile one. Most the time head or heads will be off. 12v, 24v, 6.0, duramax.

c499f550d04676ec34e467c274f21efe.jpg

This is the pile I have now.

Snap-on pneumatic for me. (NOT cheap, but it's paid for its self over the year's)

I've been looking at pneumatic ones and have used them. The price is what scares me away. I might use it once a year.

I've used a few different styles. All manual and they all suck! I haven't found one I like yet. I used a tork tek the other day. Worked ok but was hard to keep it centered to install the locks. Took twice as long as my other compressor like you have pictured.

I love the tork tek for 12 valves. The ones with the jaws like a puller aren't too bad until you get back under a cowl.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Thd only universal one I ever tried was no good. Used the tork tek and it worked great.

Back