Various FCA Questions

D45

Are stock Duramax FCAs "better" than the stock Cummins FCAs?

I believe I heard they are bored out larger or something?

Also, can FCAs from different aftermarket manufacturers be swapped from one pump to another pump without any issues?

I have also found some info that most II pumps use a stock FCA and that swapping in a aftermarket FCA from others (T&C Diesel) can product good results..............no?

Last edited:
LLY, and Cummins Same Piston, LB7,,,,,, LMM and LBZ same Piston, all run the same internals with different angle connection.

While we are on fca's, can we talk about controlling them and pwm? Specifically why some use controllers, and some basically use a harness and just split the signal. I imagine it relates to the ECM's capability, similar to how connecting multiple speakers to an amplifier works?

I have wondered about this.
The ecm should increase pwm to achieve a desired result, regardless of load (within reason)
It would be less taxing on the circuit to have the auxiliary power source for the tandem fca

How's come on some dual setups guys have trouble running one cummins fca and one duramax fca ?? If all that's diff is the angle of connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's come on some dual setups guys have trouble running one cummins fca and one duramax fca ?? If all that's diff is the angle of connector

I'm not sure about all, but I know there's at least one dmax fca that has a different design than the little triangle. I imagine it's hard to control with non identical designs.

Diff fuel rate per command makes sense. But that means they aren't all the same at all lol

Thats why I run a cummins fca in my top dmax pump. The dmax fca hates fuel pressure over 10-12psi. Something is obviously different between the 2

This is from a dmax pump.

802BB88C-E7BC-4A95-AA9C-8DB137953BC1.jpg

B957A776-151A-45D8-907D-BF405FC676BE.jpg

Back