VB & upgrades

Hillshire

I have a 38r on the way and will be getting stage one single shots pretty soon. As of now my transmission is stock. I am going to be putting a VB, & better tranny pan.

First question is will a VB and and a pan be enough to keep my transmission in good shape with the injectors and turbo? If not what else should i need to be looking to get?

Second question BTS VB vs. JW VB? Any major differences? Is one better than the other, if so what makes it better?

Do you have a chip tuned to convert your truck to single shots instead of splits yet? If not, you need to do so. As far as your tranny goes, changing the valve body usually just firms up the shifts which is good for keeping heat to a minimum but it doesn't toughen up the already weak internals. If you put any real power to that trans. it'll eventually pop. You should at least upgrade to a billet converter but your going to need to fully build that tranny.

I'm not going to be outing anything more than 38r turbo & stage one injectors so will I need a fully built tranny?

If your tranny is in good shape now and with what your going to do it should be ok..I say that as your tranny has no issues and has been taken care off..Im still running factory internal on mt trans except for a Suncoast TC,pump upgrade,and minor valve body work. I do have a bigger pan and an extra tranny cooler and rarely see tranny temps above 180 deg. Normally run around 150-160. Im also running MercV fluid...nothin special.. I havent been easy on my trans either so dont think Ive babied it..

Id be carefull with that foil delete MOD.. Ive heard it can cause tranny issues..

Last edited:
Back