VE Dual Feed

Ok I would like to share something on this subject. Probably because I have been drinking and its 0100 in the morning.

I tested a duel feed set up through the shut off solenoid port. I used a standalone pump that would dead head at 150PSI and tested it on a pump stand. Did I gain anything? Not one cc of fuel. Did it prove anything? Not a single thing. The reason being you can’t load a test stand like you can a motor. I never did get to test it on the street or the dyno so I really don’t know if it helped or hindered.
On the test stand we had 40psi of inlet pressure and it was at about 100psi of case pressure during the test and it didn’t drop down when we flowed it. On the street when I stomp on it my case pressure drops from let’s say 160psi@2200rpm’s to 80psi or so before it catches back up.

Maybe someday I will get to test it. Until then well I guess someone else is going to have to test it to see if it works.

Stomp

Ok I would like to share something on this subject. Probably because I have been drinking and its 0100 in the morning.

I tested a duel feed set up through the shut off solenoid port. I used a standalone pump that would dead head at 150PSI and tested it on a pump stand. Did I gain anything? Not one cc of fuel. Did it prove anything? Not a single thing. The reason being you can’t load a test stand like you can a motor. I never did get to test it on the street or the dyno so I really don’t know if it helped or hindered.
On the test stand we had 40psi of inlet pressure and it was at about 100psi of case pressure during the test and it didn’t drop down when we flowed it. On the street when I stomp on it my case pressure drops from let’s say 160psi@2200rpm’s to 80psi or so before it catches back up.

Maybe someday I will get to test it. Until then well I guess someone else is going to have to test it to see if it works.

Stomp

Engine load has nothing to do with fuel delivery. If a pump will not deliver fuel on a bench it will not deliver fuel on a motor. Your experience is exactly as I envisioned it would happen. The charge pump inside the VE pump is a critical element.

Engine load has nothing to do with fuel delivery. If a pump will not deliver fuel on a bench it will not deliver fuel on a motor. Your experience is exactly as I envisioned it would happen. The charge pump inside the VE pump is a critical element.
Says the guy who can't even mod his own pumps....:shake:

Why would you? Modding a VE pump is like painting flames on a set of crutches.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sure is and that's why I haven't spent much time inside one other than a reseal or h&r swap. They are an interesting pump but for me they have no use beyond a VW 1.9L TDI. I do like to study them and learn as much as I can about how they work. Maybe I'll put one together for my car some day.

Last edited:

I really don’t agree with that statement when it comes to a VE pump. Why is my case pressure dropping on the street, but it’s not dropping on the test stand? My supply pump on my pickup is better than the one on the test stand.

I would recommend calling a VE expert and asking them. They will tell you the same thing. The harder you load a VE pump the more it will flow.
Using my KSB switch on the on the test stand it doesn’t do crap. Now if I use it on the street not only do I gain HP (due to the timing advance) I believe that I get additional flow by being able to keep my case pressure up. It doesn’t have such a nasty drop while it is on and it recovers much faster.

Stomp

Sure a VE will flow more under load, that's what the governor does. If the pump can't be loaded on a flow bench then the flow bench needs a bigger motor, more rpm, etc! It takes power to turn any pump to it's full flow potential and most benches are not designed to do this, they are designed to set up idle flow and check delivery balance.

Last edited:
Back