ve pump power

deicide1

I'm having a 12 valve built, to put in my 04 2wd reg cab shortbed ford superduty and would like to run a ve pump. , but I'm wondering what the most realistic power I can get with this. I plan on doing a 14mm head with supporting mods, is a honest 500 hp within reason. I'm wondering what parts are needed to obtain this power. Or is 500 to much for this truck.

From my reading the 14mms aren't know to last very long. You can have someone like Giles build a 12mm that flows 260cc of fuel at 4200rpms. Haven't found anyone that can say for sure how much longevity his pumps have.

For 500hp, you'll be money ahead to get a p pump.

Giles is well known in the VW world. His pumps are top notch.

Sent via USPS 2 weeks ago

Look up project rust bucket. That's a good list.

Does anybody offer a 13mm head, mabey that would be a good compromise. Unless there making the 14mm more streetable and reliable.

Think mabey since its a 2wd reg cab shortbed, mabey 450-500 hp is enough and I can just send out my be and mod it as 12mm with whatever can be done to it. As long as its reliable.

I've heard rumor of a 13mm oem Bosch head, know of a guy that supposedly has the part number.

I'd be interested in the number. Vw and Cummins guys all say 12mm is the largest.

There is a boy here in my town that is supposed to be taking his "race truck" ve pump 5 speed to ennis. LOL

You say vw and cummins... Are you saying the ve pump on 4bt's are the same pump thats on my tdi? If so, what mm is the pump off the 4bt? I'll be needing a 12mm LOL

I'd do a 12mm with a 62 or 64mm turbo, big injectors, serious timing, and some water/meth....that should get you close to 500.

You say vw and cummins... Are you saying the ve pump on 4bt's are the same pump thats on my tdi? If so, what mm is the pump off the 4bt? I'll be needing a 12mm LOL

Yes. Manual TDI, 10mm. Auto TDI, 11mm. Cummins 4BT road application, 12mm.

Back