ve pump

mxracer70

Looking for a little advice on the ve. As in fuel pin. Gov spring . Timing etc. Got a 91 non I/c in a chevy k30. Hx35/ht3b twin setup. Fass. Head studs. Valve springs. And i got a intercooler to go in.Plus a few other things I cant remember at the moment

Fuel pin: look to Denny T stage 1 or M&H stage 3. With twins, you don't want it to fuel hard down low. Look at the ramp profiles. The deeper the cut, the more fuel. The bottom of the cone is your start point and it moves down. So look at those profiles.

Gov spring: I'm partial to having a SHORTENED 4200 rpm spring. Last numbers are 354. You have to shorten it because it's longer. This will limit your throttle travel and power output. I cut a coil and a half out if mine. Drove like a car.

I understand that M&H sells good products and that they have an all around nicer attitude. :cool:

Mark.

If you're willing to live with some idle haze, you could run some pretty big injectors with that setup and still not be overfueling, something along the lines of 5x18s.

With the injectors. Whit spray angle is correct for non I/c engines?? Sorry im pretty new to the 12 valves

Just saw on face book a guy hit 441/951

FASS
FASS sump
5x14s
58mm BD turbo
3200 spring
Ground fuel pin
Timing spacer
Jumped 1 tooth on the IP gear
60lb valve springs

That's a healthy pump!

y9e5ere5.jpg

The deeper the cut, the more fuel.

ALL aftermarket fuel pins that I've ever come across are cut as deep as the pump's internals can actually use..... Be very aware of some fuel pins (Denny pins) being cut too deep. They cause a lot of head aches when one is constantly changing leaking o rings.

Where would be a good place to get a set of injectors or nozzles for my truck with the correspray pattern

Back