Vibration on Decel

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
Well to add insult to injury after pulling the trans for a 4th time this year my truck as developed a vibration it never had previously. If I'm on the throttle or have the cruise set it won't shake, once I let off the throttle it will begin to vibrate like I'm lightly hitting a rumble strip. I'm not a fan of the new clutch pressure plate as it releases at the top and I can no longer shift fast so I had suspected it was assembled incorrectly this time around, yet the vibration persists if I hold the clutch in or not. Though it seems more pronounced in 6th gear. Any ideas before I tear into this thing? I haven't exactly had time recently and once I start tearing into this thing I know I'll be upset rather quickly and all logic will go out the window.

I guess I'll look at the carrier then pull the drive shaft and see if she still shakes first.

My prior experiences with load related high speed vibrations usually wind up being a u joint, carrier bearing, or pinion angle issue.

My prior experiences with load related high speed vibrations usually wind up being a u joint, carrier bearing, or pinion angle issue.

Vibrations happen at all speeds, even coming to a stop. I really hope it's this simple we're having major flooding and my car is not an option.

Back