Video of my 11.49 Run VS Chevy Camaro SS

John_P

About two weeks ago I took my 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve back out to our local dragstrip @ "Coastal Plains Dragway" in Jacksonville, N.C. for some
"shakedown" runs after my friends at "Scheid Diesel" completed the "refresh" of my engine.

I ran a Chevy Camaro SS "heads-up" which according to personnel at the track and friends of the driver was somewhat "modified" with an aftermarket cam, mass airflow sensor, mild head work, headers and M/T Racing Tires. The guy ran against me with his headers wide open and you will be able to hear this in the video.

Here is the link to our drag race:

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/cummins535/?action=view&current=20080614005406-04.flv

I ran 11.49@115.6 MPH against his 12.1@110MPH. My 60ft. time was 1.62 on about a 20lb launch against his 1.98. This was my quickest E.T. to date, having bested my fine Son, John Jr.'s E.T. @ Rockingham Dragway, Rockingham, N.C. of 11.52. The difference was actually 3/100ths of a second,.....not much but a little better. More runs are needed, but this was a good start for us.

My sincere thanks to my friend James Eldridge (MonsterRig) for taking the video of the drag race. Thanks James!:rockwoot:
---------
John_P

John_P

Is that with #2 or NOS? Very nice run and mph!

Last edited:
Nice run John. Glad them Scheids got you freshened up. Something tells me it might have been more than a degrease and some silicone spray.

My vote goes in the #2 only column.

That thing cleans up good John!!!! Nice Pass buddy!!!

Back