Video of my 11.49 run with the 96' Red Ram

John_P

Well I finally got out to make a 1/4 mile "shakedown pass" with my 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve. With the newly ported Scheid cylinder head and a "freshen-up"
on the rings and bearings I ran my fastest time ever cutting 3/100ths of a second off my Son John Jr's. previous 11.52 at Rockingham, N.C. last year.

In this race, I was running against a 2002 Chevy Camaro SS which was pretty well built and running open headers. I ran the 11.49@115.62 MPH against his 12.1@110 MPH.

Here is the link to the video. I hope it works alright.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/cummins535/?action=view&current=20080614005406-04.flv

---------
John_P

Nice run John, bit of smoke on spoolup, but that truck runs clean down the track!

Great run John ! I'll bet the guy in that camaro was thinking what the heck was that??

I think the smiley face valve stem caps made the difference. LOL

Good Run John!!!!

Nice run, buddy! Can't wait to see that truck run in some cooler weather.

You caught the camaro napping!
Looked like a good light....What was your reaction time?

Your 60' looked pretty good as well. What are your 60' times like?

Great job!

great run:rockwoot:.... I can't get enough of big ol' trucks just blowing the doors off cars.

And for a cummins..... its a pretty clean runner..... down the track anyway :D Nice

You caught the camaro napping!
Looked like a good light....What was your reaction time?

Your 60' looked pretty good as well. What are your 60' times like?

Great job!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Smokin07:

The reaction time was .477 and the 60ft. was 1.62. Our best ever 60ft. was when my Son, John Jr. hit a 1.60 at Rockingham Dragway, Rockingham, N.C.
last year.

Back