Vin locked TNTR to POD TNTR, worth it?

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
I've been reading all day and there are no straight answers. Is it worth the upgrade? That's really all I need to know. This will be on an 03 truck.

Ok... UDC is good. Got it. Now how about TNTR vs POD TNTR? I am still on fence about waiting for EFI live like I was saying yesterday. Maybe I'll give UDC a try next month.

No stay with the vin locked TNTR I wish I would have never changed mine and you can't go back to the old vin locked TNTR once the new program is loaded.

The Vin locked tntr was better than the new tntr on my truck but quit waiting on efi, IMO it's not gonna happen for 03-05 and get UDC, it'll do everything you need in a custom tune.

Lavon

I had the old TNT-R, and sent mine in for the PoD upgrade. I tried a bunch of pod settings after I got it, and nothing netted me better fuel mileage. I really don't even use the pod feature now. I don't see any benefit to it, other than a quick way to reduce power when someone else drives your truck.

I'd keep what you have.

--Eric

wish i had never swithed my vin lock versoin to the new tnt r version. But im fixing to ditch it as well just waiting on the piggy back harness and Ecm from Reiff diesel to put on my 03 sci truck to run Efi live. Should be have it in hand some time next week

The Vin locked tntr was better than the new tntr on my truck but quit waiting on efi, IMO it's not gonna happen for 03-05 and get UDC, it'll do everything you need in a custom tune.

Lavon

It's starting to look like that may be my best bet. I'm going to try the driving her a bit with the pressure up one more notch. It seems to be helping.

wish i had never swithed my vin lock versoin to the new tnt r version. But im fixing to ditch it as well just waiting on the piggy back harness and Ecm from Reiff diesel to put on my 03 sci truck to run Efi live. Should be have it in hand some time next week

I've been watching this as well. Gauges work this way right?

Back