volkswagon diesels

TwiztedMetal

cummins crusaider
Hey guys, what can you do to the current volkswagon diesels, and what can you do to early models? such as the Rabbit diesel truck, and mid-late 90s tdi's? i might look into a milage maker in the future. beleive it or not i get 16 mpgs with a 318 dodge and it has a 3.55 rear end, but i may want something else LOL can i get some help gents? i know andy is the man ;) :D

My dad had a 81 diesel p/u back in the early 80's that he put 200K on and while it was a non-turbo slug it got well into the 40 mpg's with a bed shell and loaded with samples and literature.

Check www.tdiclub.com for info.

hey bub, i didnt find much on turning em up, or much at all. maybe if i was a member i might be able to see more things. i was looking at a 98 tdi jetta for shyts and giggles, might want a milage king when the 4 bux a gallon BS hits the fan...

Dom

yeah, i didnt feel comfy being there....it was like walking into a gay bar, i turned around, went thru the door i came in, and didnt look back LOL

Funny!!

They seem to know their stuff, but VWers are of a particular type. I like their rides, but don't think this huntin, fishin, truck pullin type of guy fits in too well over there. :D

C-ya

TwiztedMetal said:
yeah, i didnt feel comfy being there....it was like walking into a gay bar, i turned around, went thru the door i came in, and didnt look back LOL

Yeah Man its funny over there, been years since I checked that site out. Its on my list of things also Dom, Man I need a Mileage machine. I need 60 or 70 mpg!

High school friend Dad bought a vw truck back in 79 or 80 and we used to cruise in it, we called it the tonka truck. I brought that up to his dad the other day and he said," You remember the Tonka truck?" I said oh yeah, it was cool.

Seriously man why not buy 3 or 4 old rabbit beaters they must be cheap and just runn red in them, Like you say fuel is nuts. Heck Insure just one and keep switching license plates when one breaks down :B

SmokeShow said:
Funny!!

They seem to know their stuff, but VWers are of a particular type. I like their rides, but don't think this huntin, fishin, truck pullin type of guy fits in too well over there. :D

C-ya

Pictures and video of my Passat belching smoke go over like a fart in church over there as well.:rockwoot:

You wouldn't believe how upset they get if they see a hint of smoke in the rearview at night under some light. It's viewed as wasted MPG's and embarassing.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

TooMuchBoost said:
Pictures and video of my Passat belching smoke go over like a fart in church over there as well.:rockwoot:

You wouldn't believe how upset they get if they see a hint of smoke in the rearview at night under some light. It's viewed as wasted MPG's and embarassing.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

BAAAAWHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!:bang :bang :bang

That is funny as ell Andy! I like them guys already.

Man you should have seen them come after me about the throttle cable 5 years ago, couple of them liked it but man the people who didnt, man they came after me like the guys on RV.net.

When I told them i had busted 26 MPG in a big dodge they all called me a LIAR, Man I should go back there and tell them I busted 30 MPG in a 7600lb dodge truck and I bet they would have a Nerveous Breakdown.

I bet you money if you gave me one of the best manual TDI on mileage I could bust 70 mpg at 45 mph! I betcha I could

I currently arguing with them now because its my thesis that minus the niche buyers TDI's haven't taken off in the US because they are way under powered for the masses hence the 115 and 130 HP motors currently used. My arguement is what automaker offers a 115 or 130 HP gas burning 4cly in anything the size of a Jetta or Passat in the US?

The repsonses have been:

You don't need HP when you have this much TQ (whatever)

Fuel economy will go in the gutter if they make a TDI as fast as yours (BS)

VW can't make an efficient diesel that makes HP until the have common rail (what about mine?)

People don't want smokey cars like yours (no chit, I chose that cool feature myself)

I give up. Let Honda dominate the future diesel car market for all I care because I only bought this car because it was the only diesel car of any size available not because its a VW.

Last edited:
I think the real excuse is
"Im afraid to have a powerful car like that, People might call me leadfoot at the Star-Trek conventions"
LOL

The cool thing about a Diesel to me is the fact that you can turn them up and still get great Mileage.

My Uncle is an old drag racer and when I told him what Garmon did with that dakota and the times it ran he thought I was lying, then I told him the Mileage DavidTD said it got,ie 30+ and man he called me a bald face liar. I laughed.

When you smoke you are loosing some mileage right, I mean thats fuel coming out the tailpipe, I dont care but maybe thats where that comes from.

Hey i saw some prices for that new DOG NA diesel Motorcycle from HDT, man it was like 16K if I remember correctly. Guess I will have to wait for a 100 mpg diesel ride

Hi guys... I have a 2006 Jetta TDI that I race with the NHRDA. The only mod I have on it so far is the DieselPower box. It has knocked off 1.9 seconds off my 1/4 mile ET. Including racing, I still get 46 MPG highway. There is also a 2004 Golf that races with us that gets the 1/4 mile done in 15.5 seconds. I think that for the new VW's that still have a warranty, the DieselPower box is the way to go since you can real easily remove it for trips to the dealer, then plug it back in again.
This is a really cool forum you have here...:bigsmile:

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Hello,

This is my first post here at Competition Diesel. My Welcome thread is [POST="10312"]here[/POST]. Please post all my welcome message there.

Thanks,
jetta girl

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

I need new car for my wife and i think I found it : VW Polo (smaller than Golf), 1,4 liter turbo diesel ( 3 cylinders)

Milage : more than 60 mpg :ylsuper:

Back