volt gauge acting weird

cm cows

Here by the owl
Man its been a while since i have been on here. Teaching has been taking up all my time, so lets see if i can remeber how to do this.
My problem is i was driving down the road and I heard that ding and the check gauges light come on. upon closer inspection i see my my voltage guage is all the way to the right. it stayedlike that for about 5 mins and then went back to normal. and it did it twice on the drive home. the cranking time on the dodge has been a little longer to start to after it started this problem. any insite on something that can cause it to be doing this? also one day my attitude monitor didnt turn on, but it did when i shut off and restarted my pickup.
any insight to the solution to this problem will be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like alternator trouble.
Turn your keyswitch On-Off-On-Off-On then look at your odometer for trouble codes...we'll discuss'em.

problem

thats the same thing mine was doing except the gauge would drop to zero. (opposite direction) i had codes 1492 & 1682 i replaced the alt. and still didn't help. I'm still chasing the problem and looking at the grounds next to diagnose.

Back