vp 24v into obs...

swamp_ratt

Snootchie Bootchies
Well, my 7.3 had 2 decent failures in under 2 months, this second one wiped it out. So, Saturday night, I acquired a 120k mile vp motor for some light horse trading. I was told on another forum to get ahold of roachie over here to get some help on the wiring as he's done a few! On my phone, for whatever reason I can't use the search function, and not sure any other way to look him up, so if someone could point him this direction, I would greatly appreciate it! The truck is a 97 f350 cclb 4x4 srw zf5. I bought the truck in January and it is completely rust free. Been a great truck so far, but time to put something else under the hood. I will continue to use the zf5 for now, but long term I want to switch to a zf6. I will also be swapping in an 06 f350 Dana 60 front and doing the pmf short arm 4 link bars. In the rear I will be swapping in an 06 dodge aam 1150. Why swap one Dana 60 for another you ask? A: ride quality. B: stronger over all axle than the older one and better brakes. Not to mention the 3.73 gears vs 4.11s. The aam for the same reason minis ride quality, plus I love the limited slip unit in that axle. Anyways, I will post pics tonight, but right now looking for the wiring help! Thanks!

heres some good reading to get you started:
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96752
I am about 95% done wiring mine (also a vp44 24v into a 97 Powerstroke truck) and wiring the motor is the easy part as it only takes 7 wires to make it run, the biggest burn on my time has been tying everything else together. What I did to power things is I re purposed the IDM relay to power the VP44 and then used the fused power that used to power the powerstroke ECM to power the cummins ECM.

Back