VP44 no voltage while cranking

Redrider2911

Voltage between pins 6 and 7 while in “run” position. No voltage while cranking. Starts if i jump pins 6 and 7. Where do i start looking?

Jumped the fuel system relay and now have voltage constantly on pins 6 and 7. But plug the connector back on the VP44 and no start... ��

Also note i just swapped this VP44 and FASS fuel system off a good running engine. Like i saw the engine running myself.

Only thing i didn’t have a chance to check was the blue “kill” wire for voltage. Ran out of time and now i have to have this on my mind for the next 2 weeks while I’m on vacation. :doh:

I’m recalling that the PDC has a relay labeled “security”. Possible there’s an issue there? There was no security light blinking on the cluster or anything.

Alright. It looks like I just figured it out. I'm pretty sure it's the ignition switch. Just tested it by spraying some ether in the intake and cranked. Right when it jumped up to RPM to start, I turned the key back to “run” and it runs perfectly fine. The “accessory” contact on the switch must be bad and the starter contact is fine. Thegiveaway was that all my gauges would drop back to 0 while cranking.

That's a great catch. I would have have been pissed trying to figure that one out.

Back