Vp44 - what is this screw?

ftomas

hi

i saw here post from you about the vp44... Vp44 Build Thread - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

i have a leak on screw of the vp44 housing... i browse the internet but i can't find what is that screw, what it does, and how can i stop the leak.

I have made a photo of the actual screw and i photo from that post with the exact location.
pump_leak_zps46136348.jpg

vp44_screw_zps2c4b22df.jpg

Thanks
ftomas

I found it... its a locking screw... and the problem was a bad o'ring!

What chain are you pointing too???????

It is gear driven.

What chain are you pointing too???????

It is gear driven.
This isn't a dodge... and it has chain
This is an european car, opel frontera 2.2 dti, like the american isuzu amigo (i think)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348567063.868003.jpg
This

Posted to compD via my magic four place toaster.

i dont have many pictures here of the engine bay.... most of my photos are problem related!!
This one its the bay drivers side, explains the vacuum connections, and the diesel filter with manual pump, that isn't oem:
tubos_vac1.jpg

this one is the chain area, to resolve a problem with the balancer unit:
motor4.jpg

This was the sound of the problem:
[ame="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/fpvt/?action=view&current=2011-06-15143048.mp4"]2011-06-15143048.mp4 video by fpvt - Photobucket[/ame]

Last Saturday job, replace the injector seals, they are under the camshaft...
cam2_zpsc7ca8db6.jpg

hi

i saw here post from you about the vp44... Vp44 Build Thread - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

i have a leak on screw of the vp44 housing... i browse the internet but i can't find what is that screw, what it does, and how can i stop the leak.

I have made a photo of the actual screw and i photo from that post with the exact location.
pump_leak_zps46136348.jpg

vp44_screw_zps2c4b22df.jpg

Thanks
ftomas

What does this part do? It has completely fallen out on my pump and fuel is pouring out. Does anyone know where to get one?

is the screw I pointed?
if so it's locking screw.... when it come from repair is locked, no metal washer
after you assemble it you will put the washer and unlock it
it has a rubber seal... that seal was what was broken on mine...
hope it helped

Does anyone have and old one laying around, or where can u pick one up at!

I called some shops and ask them before about locking the pump, they said that u couldnt lock a VP. I didnt think they knew much about VP's. lol

I was just goin have something machined to work but i would rather just buy one if u can get them.

ftomas what does that thing redline at?

Thanks, yes the screw you pointed too. Mine fell out when I was driving. I called a few shops aroun town and was told I would have to buy a new pump. Truck was running fine just dumping fuel. Do you think a bolt from the hardware store with a washer and o ring would work?

Last edited:
new pump for that..... I don't think so....
the screw broke? or the screw hole broke?
do you have the old screw?
do you have a photo from the screw?

I think you will have to find a screw on an hardware store or better a screw from a bad pump.
and a oring.

Hello i have Opel Frontera and i want to know for what is needed Fuel Priming Port and what to do with it?

Sent from my FREEDOM M303 using Tapatalk

Does anybody know what muffler fluid goes in a Thundercougarfalconbird?

I was about to say good to see some new stuff around here...then I noticed the date.

Maybe those guys with 7 posts will come back to answer this guys question...:poke:

Chris

Back