vw diesel

1workinman

I have a 81 Jetta that has a 1.6 id engine non turbo. I have ran vw diesel cars for the last 10 plus years. My work car. I have had good luck with them and some learning experiences. I have the vacuum pump off a later model that is vein type. To make this short I had my vacuum pump lock up after starting the car. I heard a squealing noise and stopped the engine to check. Turns out it was the camshaft belt. Started the next time to check an it also had no oil pressure. Anyway I calmed down and realized what the problem was. Sure enough the veins were worn and had fouled the rotor. Swapped out to a diaphragm type pump. Glad it did not quit on the road. I use it to save money and not use the dodge just to go to work.

VW are great! I finally blew up my 1.5D I turbocharged running 25psi of boost. I swapped to the vein type and I never want to go back to rebuilding my diaphram one every year. 1.6TD engine is in the process of building. Trying to find head studs

Cummins studs will work, need 2 washers under the nut. The Cosworth units that most of the TDR guys buy are not rated at a high enough tensile strength to take much over 80ftlbs.

my cosworth ARP studs are TQed to 110ftlbs on my 1.6td:evil
they can take it...but you gotta be super careful

Cummins studs will work, need 2 washers under the nut. The Cosworth units that most of the TDR guys buy are not rated at a high enough tensile strength to take much over 80ftlbs.

12v or 24v studs ? Also what length. I bought a set for a 12v not too long ago and the nuts were bigger than the nuts on my 24v studs...Both from Haisley/A1

studs

VW are great! I finally blew up my 1.5D I turbocharged running 25psi of boost. I swapped to the vein type and I never want to go back to rebuilding my diaphram one every year. 1.6TD engine is in the process of building. Trying to find head studs
I bought some studs from a company I believe it was raceway for a 1.6 a few years ago. Seems like i got the info from freds tdi page. I can check if you wont. The vein pump is not forever, I reccomend checking the vein length ever year or so. Your call and good luck on the engine

Back