Want opinions on a trade im considering.

B-Cummin

Im looking at trading my 01 4x4 24v auto ex cab with 266k miles has quad xzt, 50hp injectors, bhaf, shift kit, gauges, brush guard, ranch hand rear bumper. Has some body issues, oil leaks amd needs tires and aligned. for an 01 p-pump 24v single cab 2wd auto 217k straight body.
d6e8c4920244be292f3d932fb91cd69d.jpg
603f6428b80c041f065756593188a2ab.jpg
9f647850a9d406527c9fa2beae744246.jpg

Last edited:
The wants to keep his wheels and tires also. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated. Just wondering if I would be under cutting myself. Thanks.

I sold my quad cab ppumped 24v to buy a 2wd 12v single cab. Best decision I ever made. These single cab 2wds are insanely fun!

That being said the trade is so so. If the 2wd ppumped truck is exactly what you desire and isn't rigged to high heaven then I would pull the trigger. I do know here in Indiana 2wd are worth about half of what the same truck in 4x4 is though.

Any more info on the 2wd?

I personally wouldn't give up cab space and 4x4 on a dd. If you want a ppumped 24v just swap your truck you already have. It's hard to buy something that modded and not know how good of a job they did or if its rigged just to trade out.

I'd do it if it's a good swap. I love single cabs though. The extended cabs just make a bigger trash can for me.

I'd do it if it's a good swap. I love single cabs though. The extended cabs just make a bigger trash can for me.

Exactly. I have never utilized my quad cabs. They end up hauling tools and trash more than people.

Not to mention my 4x4 trucks all saw 4x4 maybe twice a year. Mind you I live in northern indiana where it snows like crazy and work for a concrete truck sales and service company.

OP: I would tell the guy the wheels and tires have to stay. If he wants to do the trade then the ball is in your court.

True. The wheel and tires "make" the truck. Without, its just another 2wd.

Exactly. And I assume he would want you to keep your wheels. Then you are putting more than a grand into tires on top of the trade.

Keep pushing him. Negotiation is an art. You push and push until he says no. I typically push until the seller says no. Then I tell him I need to think about it. Let the deal stew in the sellers mind for a little while. Eventually they convince themselves they shouldn't pass on a sure thing.

All of this assuming you actually want the truck. Is it close enough to see and test drive in person?

Its about an hr away. I've been tossing the idea of a 2wd single cab for a while. Live in town now and have used 4x4 only a handful of times since. Wanting to make a quicker truck.

Last edited:
your truck is ultimately worth almost twice as much as his in a pinch...

if you've got the financial cushion to have more of a toy and can afford to said for the perfect buyer who will give you top dollar for it when/if you decide to get rid of it? Get after it!

If you're just ate up with it and have to have it and don't care if you dump a bunch of money into it and never get it back? Get after it!

:D

But pure dollars and sense says keep/sell what you've got and then decide if you want to buy his truck with the money. I think you'll get more for yours than he'll take for his :eek:

Back