Wapak tug fest NADM sled pull work stock class?

maxxin07

So how competitive is this class? Some friends and I thought about pulling our trucks for the hell of it but didnt wanna get blown away and embarrassed. Ive never witnessed a work stock class, i got on the website and looked at some of the rules but not much help. Figured ide ask the profesionals hahaha

Last edited:
I'm no expert by any means but I will tell you last year's Champion in points for this class won by competing in two events. They are stock trucks which limits all of them to a somewhat equal field. If you need help in direction for getting into the sport or how to best handle the track we have longtime pullers at hand to help you out on advice.

The sled sets up for stock trucks so the weights are lighter than the higher power trucks - if you can pull a trailer you most likely can compete.

Never know till you try!

if your on stock tranny DONT DO IT! unless you have the money for a rebuild,because ofter the 1st hook you will be hooked. just my 2 cents

just out of curiosty, what kind of horsepower would you have to make to compete in this class? around 550? 600?

Yea sorry about that i havent upgraded my Sig in a while. I now have a built tranny. Ive sled pulled before but never had a chance to win hahaha. Now i think i might stand a chance but i wanted to know what kind of competition is in this class....like whats the winner typically pull ft wise?

were at or around about the 600hp number on our truck. . .but gears is what makes or brake a truck,when pulling,its all about ground speed. check into it and try and find a set of tires,that will work with your stock gears the best and keep you in the power range,then give her hell.

going down the track we try to hit 15-20mph,you ya gotta get her moving fast

Yea sorry about that i havent upgraded my Sig in a while. I now have a built tranny. Ive sled pulled before but never had a chance to win hahaha. Now i think i might stand a chance but i wanted to know what kind of competition is in this class....like whats the winner typically pull ft wise?

depends on sled. best thing to do Is try it once... ILL PAY YOU 10.00 IF YOU NEVER DO IT AGAIN!.... haha:rockwoot:

We'll do our best to toss the wannabe tough guys that should be in 2.6. We have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Nobody ever gets embarrassed at a pull, unless you are a Ford guy and your buddy locks your hubs out.
Drive your truck from the dealer and hook it, you wont regret it. Your wife might...

Back