wastegate and egts

haz-mat19

Here is my problem, first I think that the wastegate is set too low. At between 15-20 lbs the turbo makes a wierd noise, kind of sound like a swirling suging noise, it does this until it passes 20 lb then it goes away. Second my egt's seem alittle high for cruising with no load. At 70-75 on flat highway I am at close to 800. So if the wastegate is set too low will it make your egt's higher. :thankyou2: in advance.

Ok, what would be a good setting for the wastegate be:thankyou2: . It seem to pull fine and build boost, until it gets to third then it starts to shug and it rolls smoke. In OD it is fine also:Cheer: .

Like 42 is the highest that I have seen it. That is what it sounds like a surging noise. How do you adjust the wastegate. Thank Weston:thankyou2:

I talked with high tech today. This is what I was told to do either put in smaller injectors:doh: , or get a box that I can adjust the timing, like a comp:bang . I am not doing the tips, so what are other good options as far as an adjustable box. Weston, you where right about the surge, but he said a larger exaust housing would not help. :thankyou2: for any suggestions.

Sorry Weston, I have no idea what you are talking about. Turbos are way over my head. How would you change all of that? Thanks

Back