Water Cooled GTX4294

Jacob 76

Let'er Buck
I just got my Garrett from FI and now I'm collecting the rest of the stuff to put it on. For the water passage going in and out of the turbo, what hose can I use that close to that much heat? I was hoping I could just use regular EARLS fittings with braided stainless hose but I'm scared that the rubber (or whatever the hose is actually made out of) will melt being that close to the turbine housing. Most hoses say that there only good to like 300 +/- degrees. I know that number is for the fluid going through them but still being that close to 1600+ degree EGT's is bound to be pretty tough on the stuff. Any thoughts?

Any hose with a decent heat rating will be fine. Most of mine is blue water/oil rated hose. Gotta remember that the coolant will soak up most of the heat that the hose would absorb. Plus, the exhaust manifold isn't radiating 1600 degrees, so thats another bonus. That all being said, if you can get your hands on the coolant lines from a GT37R powermax setup, it'll pretty much connect everything without any modification. Thats what I used when I had my GT42R on for a while. Thats assuming this is on a CTD.

Thanks Tate! Are the lines from the GT37R hard lines? If they are I have to assume that they will not work in my situation because the turbo is going on one of the new designed Steed Speed Competition manifolds with the waste gate outlet going right past where the water in goes into the turbo, so I will have to use a 90* going in. Thanks for the info though, its a good piece of mind that regular hose will work. Did you just run one of your heater hoses through the turbo? My plan was to just use the hot side heater hose and run from the head to turbo, then turbo to firewall.

Most of the line is hard tubing, with a length of braided stainless that ends in an 18mm banjo. It might still work with the Steed Comp. manifold, but probably not, that moves the turbo position a long way from stock.

I run from the heater core discharge to the turbo back to the block. I know there isn't much heat taken from the heater core on a hot day, but it should still provide the coolest coolant possible. The way its configured in my 12v is from the engine - heater core - Espar - GT3782R - GTX4202R - engine.

I use standard stainless lines/fittings for cooling my 42gtx. Never had a problem.

Some of that earls ultraflex is awesome. Good for power steering and hydraulics, should work fine on water cooling!

Cool, thanks for the help guys. Does anybody know a good place to get a m18x1.5 to -12 fitting?

A good hydraulics shop should be able to get those fittings. I think mine are a M18 to -8 JIC.

Most of the line is hard tubing, with a length of braided stainless that ends in an 18mm banjo. It might still work with the Steed Comp. manifold, but probably not, that moves the turbo position a long way from stock.

I run from the heater core discharge to the turbo back to the block. I know there isn't much heat taken from the heater core on a hot day, but it should still provide the coolest coolant possible. The way its configured in my 12v is from the engine - heater core - Espar - GT3782R - GTX4202R - engine.

Old old topic, but any pictures of this? Looking to setup water on my 4094r

Old picture out of the truck during fab, but it shows the lines.

Attachments

• DSCF1476.jpg
    DSCF1476.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
Back