Water in Passenger Side Floor Board

Smokin02

cummins powered
Well i have an 02 CTD QC and here about a month ago i noticed a wet spot along the passenger side door seal and didnt think anything of it cause i had just gave her a good washin. Well about a week later my girlfrieng laid her purse in the floor board for about an hour and when she picked it up the whole bottom of it was soaked. So iwent to checkin it out and the floor board was so wet that it was startin to seep through the floor mat. I got to checkin deeper and the whole passenger side floor board was soaked all the way backto the back seat.:doh: So my first thought was bad heater core. It turned out that it wasnt the heater core and i couldnt find any leaks around the door sills.:bang Any of you guys have any ideas where the water could be coming from? All opinions are surely appreciated.:bow:

I had the same issue, and it was the hose that the spout that dropped the AC condensation onto the pavement had fallen off, so it would drip out and follow the tube back into the cab into the floor board, I attached a new hose and fitting and it cured the issue

My first issue was the evap backing up and causing the passenger floorboard to soak. I cleaned the hole and installed a hose on the nipple located on the firewall and it solved that.

Began to get moisture built up on the driver side so i thought dang... heater core. Core is fine! I got tired of the dang smell of the soaked carpet so i pulled the carpet and have been driving without it since. We finally got a heavy rain and I beginning to to think it's from my third brake light. I had water filling the door seal!..... :confuse:

common spot for the heater core to leak is the vent thats just above the trans hump on the pass side. crawl under the truck see if theres some drain plugs in the floor boards, maybe one fell out? The third brake light usually drips on the rear seat, I had that happen before, easy to fix with silicone on the back side of it.

if you have been running the ac in your truck i would say its the condensate that collects on the ac coil. the drain in the bottom tends to get clogged up and doesn't allow it to drain out of the tube at the passenger side.

Well i"ve been runnin the A/C all summer so i checked the drain tube and ran a wire up through it. It didn't seem clogged at all so my next place to check is the third brake light and cab lights.

Ya i do have smoked recons and i just saw tonight that one of them is out so i'll check in mornin

Back