Water Meth Injection Points ... GOt questions

luvinacummins

I got a snow performance max miledge stage 3 injection system and have read where others have drilled and tapped the intake side of the motor towards the #5 and #6 cylinders to help cool the back cylinders.. I have a afe blade runner intake with 4 ports so I would like to put the mpg stage and the first stage there then do the third stage back on the motor..

My question is who has done this how hard is it to do and what is involved..
Also pic's would be grrreeeeaat!!!

Shane

Wish I was more help ... but I am just running my 3 nozzles in my intake horn. I'd like to see what people have to say though!!

:Cheer:I can if I want too but I have read where others r running it in the back to cool things down so I am looking for some input or info!!! Thanks for your help though.. maybe we will get something figured out!!!

I wouldnt get to worried about it Shane, never in a snowball chance in ,,, well you know where, are you going to have to worry about that. Just plumb it in whereever it fits the nicest, it will work great for ya

Kevin

Shane are you having EGT issues with those twins? You have 110 hp injectors, right?

yep 110's are correct... Honestly i have no egt issues at all... I would tell you what my egt's are towing 21k but some people would say bullchit and i don't want to start a pissing match..

I probably don't even need the water meth but i figure if I can keep my temps at 1000 all the time and possibly gain 1 mpg what the heck as much as i tow and drive it wouldn't take long to pay for it self!!

I wouldnt get to worried about it Shane, never in a snowball chance in ,,, well you know where, are you going to have to worry about that. Just plumb it in whereever it fits the nicest, it will work great for ya

Kevin

Kev are you running water? my only concers is that this kit has the digital display so I will have to get a boost bolt for my analog guage then the kit comes with a boost bolt for the monitor that I will have to put into the intake plus three other ports for the water injection...:bang

Im not right now, but i am contemplating it on my chevy. I have been reading that based on a 4.50 diesel that you could save as much as 14 bucks a tank full running -20 degree wwf. That peaked my interest

Kevin

Im not right now, but i am contemplating it on my chevy. I have been reading that based on a 4.50 diesel that you could save as much as 14 bucks a tank full running -20 degree wwf. That peaked my interest

Kevin

yes sir!!!! me too!!:rockwoot:

According to Derek and snow performance he said I would almost guarantee gain 1 mpg! that was enough to spark my interest into buying the kit now i gotta get the damn thing installed

I havent thought too seriously about putting it on my dodge, a little worried about cylinder pressure, especially running the nitrous. And to be honest I think I have that truck tuned pretty good right now for what it is

Kevin

I havent thought too seriously about putting it on my dodge, a little worried about cylinder pressure, especially running the nitrous. And to be honest I think I have that truck tuned pretty good right now for what it is

Kevin

True.... well except that whole blown turbo thing!!!! LOL:hehe::hehe:

I plan on only spring straight water till it cools down then I will just run washer fluid through the winter months...

On my truck I was running almost 31 gph at full on. and I was still getting hot in the back two cylinders. reason I knew they were hot is cause the 1800 degree paint was burnng off the manifold. but now I am running 5 5 gph nozzles into the intake the back one is where the head lift mount was

On my truck I was running almost 31 gph at full on. and I was still getting hot in the back two cylinders. reason I knew they were hot is cause the 1800 degree paint was burnng off the manifold. but now I am running 5 5 gph nozzles into the intake the back one is where the head lift mount was

can you get me a picture?? even via phone?? if you want I can pm you my number if you can send me a pic message..

Thanks

Shane

Back