water meth

what would be better...
-on the cold side just out of the IC ( about 3.5 ft of IC tube be for plenums)
-on the cold side as close to the intake plenums as possible.

- i see guys putting them everywhere, post turbo, post IC, and plenum injection in each head....

Put the nozzle wherever you want. Just leave the fuel out of the intake stream, you have a compression ignition engine.

hey you replied on my post about the dp tuner do you still have it and if so how much for it.

you can put the nozzle prior to the intercooler the perk to this is it will REALY cool down the intercooler and will keep the intake air cooler longer but it doesnt seem to have the same kinda hit. you can put it right on your intake albo and it will cool the air it is entering with and it feels like it hits harder but if you want to go nitrous crazy put it befor the turbo when it goes threw the turbo it feels like it at least doubles it.

these are my findings i have had it in all three of these places and i will never put it after the turbo again. i also did this test with a 400hp shot so i could get the full effect. and i found huge differences in all three.

it realy depends on why you are using it if you are pulling with it i would say before intercooler to keep intake temps WAY down. stright racing prior to the turbo. and a mix or daily driver at the intake albo.

if any one has any different findings let me know.

you can put the nozzle prior to the intercooler the perk to this is it will REALY cool down the intercooler and will keep the intake air cooler longer but it doesnt seem to have the same kinda hit. you can put it right on your intake albo and it will cool the air it is entering with and it feels like it hits harder but if you want to go nitrous crazy put it befor the turbo when it goes threw the turbo it feels like it at least double s it.

these are my findings i have had it in all three of these places and i will never put it after the turbo again. i also did this test with a 400hp shot so i could get the full effect. and i found huge differences in all three.

it realy depends on why you are using it if you are pulling with it i would say before intercooler to keep intake temps WAY down. stright racing prior to the turbo. and a mix or daily driver at the intake albo.

if any one has any different findings let me know.

So you are saying that you put a WATER nozzle Before the compressor of the turbo?

I have two words for you... Compressor Erosion

The further you put it from the intake manifold, the more likely of the chance that the water will not stay suspended in the Incoming Charge Air.

Before the Intercooler will cause the water/meth to "pool" up in the intercooler.

IMO the best place to put the nozzle is between 6-12" before the intake manifold devides the charge air between the cylinders.

So you are saying that you put a WATER nozzle Before the compressor of the turbo?

I have two words for you... Compressor Erosion

The further you put it from the intake manifold, the more likely of the chance that the water will not stay suspended in the Incoming Charge Air.

Before the Intercooler will cause the water/meth to "pool" up in the intercooler.

IMO the best place to put the nozzle is between 6-12" before the intake manifold devides the charge air between the cylinders.

Actually pre-charger works very well. It actually alters the compressor characteristics and makes the charger act like a larger unit.

And he specifically stated that he wouldn't do that for a daily driver app.

Aside from all that, I think the guy was talking about spray. But regardless, pre-compressor water works very well.

Well, you can go ahead, I will stick to intake manifold, post turbo...

Have you never noticed the caliber of water being injected pre-compressor and interstage on most all mod class pullers, diesel tractors and the fastest diesels down the strip? Usually more than one nozzle receiving 1000+psi.

It's not accidental that these guys chose to inject water there. It does miracles for your compressor map.

Now do I need to re-state that it wouldn't be advisable to do that ever single day of the week in a daily driver?

I cant say that I have, I havent had too much exposure to sled pulling, just what I read on here...

so does the water trap in the I/C pre turbo, i would only use this for towing.
seems there wouldnt be much power gain preturbo, but maybe a cooler intake charge???

The Water/Meth will pool up in the intercooler, as well as erode your compressor blades if injected pre-turbo.

The Water/Meth will pool up in the intercooler, as well as erode your compressor blades if injected pre-turbo.

How much water did you usually find pooled in the cooler, and what kind of service life did you note for the compressor wheels when spraying pre-compressor?

Also, what kind of IAT and power output/smoke differences did you note spraying pre vs post?

not sure i like the idea of water in the cooler, and just rebuilt the turbo, so guess i will be going post turbo in the cold side I/C tube.

Back