water methanal snow performance question

harley6936

ive got a 07 dodge with the 6.7 and edge juice race , 5 in turbo back and k&n filter, question i have how hot can you go before you are *****, i have mine set at 1400 and then it backs down. i have read people see there egt at 1600 etc. i have just ordered snow performace stage 3 and hope to see cooler egt. im starting to wonder if i should be looking at head studs or im all good still.

I know, but at least I'm trying to inform you. Others would have merely left you in the dark.

With a stock turbo and stock injectors I wouldn't think you would need to go with head studs. As far as the EGT's, it can't be good on the turbo to go over 1600*'s for longevity. Once you get the water injection they say it will drop temps by like 300* or something??

Once you get the water injection they say it will drop temps by like 300* or something??

Unlikely if you use 30% or more methanol as the combustion heat of that fuel offsets the cooling benefits of evaporation.

Listen to the man...he readed it in his ASE manual.

Are you capable of reading? Clearly not, so have your engineer bread-winning wife read the following to you; ASE is a certification, not a guide.

You guys are so mean to each other. How can any progress be made if everyone keeps bickering like this. Come on now, we have records to break and tree huggers to educate!! :hehe:

Unlikely if you use 30% or more methanol as the combustion heat of that fuel offsets the cooling benefits of evaporation.

I just get a kick out of how you spout off stuff that clearly goes against all sense.

For your statement to be remotely true, you would have to know the flow rate, and you don't.

Secondly, Snow's own information supports cooling at up to 50% Meth (their "Boost Juice")....so one of you two is wrong....and I'm pretty sure I know which one.

Are you capable of reading? Clearly not, so have your engineer bread-winning wife read the following to you; ASE is a certification, not a guide.

LOL

I'm an engineer as well...sorry Mr. Goodwrench....

I try not to let folks know I'm an engineer - too much vocational bigotry to deal with... sux gettin' profiled.:)

I just get a kick out of how you spout off stuff that clearly goes against all sense.

I get a kick out of pathetic trolls, such as yourself, that revive week old threads just to spew worthless sh¡t.

Get a life.

Children, knock off the bickering, or I'll tell both your mothers when I see them next week.

I will when there is no trolling to report or a moderator is willing to do their job without somebody having to show them what needs to be done.

Reported for the Troll, trolling us by insinuating that he could post and not be trolling. Oh the irony of Troll's.

I get a kick out of pathetic trolls, such as yourself, that revive week old threads just to spew worthless sh¡t.

Get a life.

Get some facts, report back when you have something credible.

You're an IDI guy? Wow, your experience went out the window with '80s hair bands.

So, I'm just asking, the folks all over the net running 50/50, and seeing EGT drops....are they liars?

Back