Water Pump

ob1kobi

Water pump has started leaking today, truck has less that 100K miles on it but I'm not sure if its covered by the warranty or not.

I'll assume that it's not ... so do yall have any suggestions on where to get a new one or does it really matter? Anything else I should do while the front is torn apart?

Thanks,
Ted

Water pump has started leaking today, truck has less that 100K miles on it but I'm not sure if its covered by the warranty or not.

I'll assume that it's not ... so do yall have any suggestions on where to get a new one or does it really matter? Anything else I should do while the front is torn apart?

Thanks,
Ted

Yes ted it should be under warranty, also replace your belt while your up there.

It is covered.But if you cant wait to get to dealer.They are available locally from Napa also or any local parts store should have it .Seems like 2004-2005 have a issue with them as of lately seen 7 or 8 in last two months.

Thanks Robert and Thanks Scott.

I figured it should be covered by the warranty but with perforamnce work done I won't be suprised if it's not. I'll call them Monday and see what they say or when I can get it in.

With Diesel as expensive as it is, $3.59 down here and I'm sure it's probably even higher up there by yall, it's getting tough to hold onto this thing. Good thing its paid for!

Thanks again,
Ted

If you have to do it your self, the best way I've found so far is remove the two bolts for the ALT. swing it out of the way and you can get right to the pump the hardest part of the whole job is putting a new belt on.

Zach

If I do have to do it myself, I'm assuming the whole front has to come off, radiator, intercoolers, etc ...?

If I do have to do it myself, I'm assuming the whole front has to come off, radiator, intercoolers, etc ...?

No. It's an easy job. Get the alternator out of the way. Should take an hour maybe.

Nothing has to come off of frnt .The only way the dealer usually will denie the water pump is if you have a pulley style fuel system other then that even with mods most are cool. Actually fuel is the same and has been less as of late 3.39.I think the last pump was like 62.00 dollars from Napa shop price

Sorry didnt know you had that.But i saw it get denied for it even though you know as well it has nothing to do with the waterpump .If you get stuck and have to do it need help call i can walk you thru it.Goodluck

so I'll assume the pumps are adequite for 1200 hp and up? Also what does the pump run on these. I seem to remember the one on the duramax being like $220.

so I'll assume the pumps are adequite for 1200 hp and up? Also what does the pump run on these. I seem to remember the one on the duramax being like $220.

The water pumps? I haven't heard of anybody needing to upgrade, no matter what HP they are, or are you asking about the MITUSA.

Scott said the water pumps are around $70, at cost, from NAPA.

I was just thinking about gasers and so forth and after you do so much everything needs upgraded. But I had never heard of overheating problems but that there aren't problems.

Shop just called and told me that it WOULD be covered by the warranty, I said "thank god" so he asked if I was worried about the performance stuff, I said of course and he said they were pretty leinant of on that kind of stuff and unless it could be a direct cause they usually let the stuff slide.

Sweet!

Congrats no reason it shouldnt after reading sig I see you have a mitsu sorry for the voodoo.

Back