Water to Air Intercooler Pictures

BottleFed

I have been searching through the forum for a few hours looking at air to water inercoolers. I want to get one on my pulling truck before this upcoming season. Dose anyone have pictures that i could take a look at for ideas for mounting everything (mainly the intercooler itself) never did find but a few pics during my search.

17259_102666483096659_1000005992427.jpg

Inter-cooler?

Here is what I did on mine, only have it on for the pulling season.
I know it looks small but it seems to help
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/bkicker4pho/P8240091.jpg
Notice I blew the blue elbow on the engine side. I thought if it was restrictive I would have done it on the input side.
Tank for the water is in the box, (!/2 barrel that I cut an opening in to top)
use a boat bilge pump for the water. Use a couple gallons of water and 20 lbs of ice

That was when it was in the previous owners truck...havent had time to install yet to tell you how we are going to mount it

Anyone get any pics yet? I am thinking of mounting the intercooler right in the ice/water tank out in front of the bumper and hanging my weights on either side of the tank. Anyone see any problems if i weld up and aluminum resivor and tie the intercooler right into the bottom. I was looking and if i build it to fit i can run the intercooler tubes through the fog light holes. I thought it would look kinda sweet and also get double cooling on the inside and out of the intercooler? Let me know your thoughts!

Anyone get any pics yet? I am thinking of mounting the intercooler right in the ice/water tank out in front of the bumper and hanging my weights on either side of the tank. Anyone see any problems if i weld up and aluminum resivor and tie the intercooler right into the bottom. I was looking and if i build it to fit i can run the intercooler tubes through the fog light holes. I thought it would look kinda sweet and also get double cooling on the inside and out of the intercooler? Let me know your thoughts!

So you are just going to let the water/ice mixture sit on an air-to-air intercooler?

Why don't ya'll plate your exsisting air to air and save a bunch of money? Most of the air to water IC's I see on pulling and drag trucks don't flow enough cfm. The ic that you all ready have will flow significantly more air.

Why don't ya'll plate your exsisting air to air and save a bunch of money? Most of the air to water IC's I see on pulling and drag trucks don't flow enough cfm. The ic that you all ready have will flow significantly more air.

Care to elaborate on this "plating"?

Plate the front and back. Add water lines ,done deal.
A stock intercooler would work in this set up if its all aluminum. You must have an all aluminum border to weld too.

Yea I've done them.
If I was pulling its the only way I would do it.
Its just alot cheaper and you know it won't restrict your turbo set up.

Uncle_bens had one on the classifieds last year.
Picture of the one from the classifieds.
attachment.php

That is my plan if I ever go to a air/water setup.

I Kinda like that set up like you said it is a lot cheaper! Although the air to water i was going to buy will flow 2500cfm with almost no restriction. But they are spendy. J-Rod i will still run a pump to pump the water through the intercooler i just thought it might be handy to have it right in the resivor. That also lets you run whatever size you want wtihout having to find a place to tuck it under the hood. Just a thought not sure yet i havent bought anything to start building it. I Might plate my intercooler for now till i can afford the real deal. also keeps me from having to build new intercooler tubes. That might have to be a project for next winter. Well see what happens with funding this season lol. Still would like to see some pictures of other setups. Thanks for the plating idea 97crewcab i never thought of that!

Back