wedge trailer build

Slippery when wet?

Yeah , thats gonna be a problem in the rain ... might think about some Expanded metal of some kind, or even just some big grit sandpaper type stuff.... I think they also have paint on stuff that you basically toss sand into .. expanded decking would be better ... especialy in the snowey weather

How's that ride when loaded? And did you hit the scales yet? Personally I would've done a straight ramp with less of an angle but either way nice build!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

How's that ride when loaded? And did you hit the scales yet? Personally I would've done a straight ramp with less of an angle but either way nice build!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

it was only a test run I can't register to the end of the month

once I have it weighedI'll know how much weight on the trailer axles.right now the axles look fine the airbags to a good job distributing the weigt.

Last edited:
I don't know what specifically you're planning to haul but for most vehicles you want a 2" to 1' rise from ground level to the first transition point on the trailer. Even at that slope a stang camaro or vette will catch the lower bumper valance.

Is there anything to keep the cars from sliding off the side when it does get wet? I can't tell from the pictures but the deck looks flat all the way across. I would have put angle iron along the edge to make it harder to drive off the side.

dw2m9e.jpg

the trailer was too steep I have to straighten it out once I did that it was too shortI had to add another 16 inches to it

Two 3500# axles = 7000#
subtract trailer wt say 2500# being optimistic, leaves you the ability to haul one 4500# car/truck or two @ 2250#
just sayin...

Hey window licker special, you forgot to calculate the tongue weight.

Your right. Trailer build is great, really like the air bag set up, wasn't trying to be an a... (even if it come off that way lookin back at it) just thought the axels were to light $.02

How much flex are you getting out of the tail? I had an older kaufman bend right at the end of the frame and touch the ground loading a dodge truck.

Back