Weird 48re Issue

wannabehero

I just had my trans rebuilt by an extremely reputable builder in the area that i have a long history with. Never really had an issue with any of his stuff.

Here's the build list

DPC Triple
TCS Billet Input
Teflon Pump Gears
Superior Shift Kit
Firepunk Billet servos, apply, and accumulator
Billet Output
Alto Clutches
Kolene Steels
Internals all upgraded where available.

Randomly yesterday after sitting idling for about half an hour, I went to pull out of my yard and the convertor is randomly locking in first, second, second, third, etc. It will not unlock until i put the truck in neutral. It will idle at a stop light in neutral fine, once i put it in gear it will idle for a bit, then lockup and stall the truck out.

Does anyone have any ideas? Im at a loss and he is booked until the end of the week to even look.

Unplug the 8pin on the trans, drop it from neutral to manual 1st as fast as you can and see if it still stalls in manual 1st. If yes, then it's likely a converter issue. If not, then it's likely an electronic issue.

This morning just for ****s and giggles on my way to work i manually shifted it 1-2 and it was fine. then one in D it locks randomly. I spoke with Phil and were both convinced its not the convertor. Im thinking junk in the VB or electronics. I was getting the 1-2 2-3 shuttle shift and the occasional 3rd gear flare up this past week.

There may be some debris on the screen under the OD solenoid. Pull the solenoids and clean the screens.

Back