weird rev when cold?

rattlebox93

i have a 93 350 stick pod's pump maxed out 3200 spring not afc intake exhaust and when its really cold out the truck will start fine idle fine but when you slowly start to rev it up it gets to about 700rpm and then falls off to about 400-500 rpm and idles really badly and when you keep reving it up past that fall off point then it will pick back up and run good after about 1000rpm but only until the engine warms up....anyone seen anthing like that? any ideas? it did it with my stock injectors so i dont believe it is the injectors thanks

fuel supply issue? lift pump? crack in fuel line? filter? Have you tried moving the throttle arm on the shaft? one spline off can make a problem

the bucket truck at work does this with a ppump. i just let it idle for a while to get oil pressure up amd a bit of heat into cylinders and dont usually have a prob with it..
how cold is it out when you are starting your truck?

fuel supply issue could very well be but there are no leaks and i have the pump turned WAY up and a stock diaphram style pump 5psi at idle last time i checkedand when its cold and the fuel is hard to pump that would make sense and it was like 5-10* last night and it sat unpluged for 4 or so hours

When was the last time you replaced the fuel filter?

I wouldn't be surprised you find that missing AFC lever's dink'in with you at less than WOT.

You need to step up in the lift-pump department (in terms of performance). Those PODs will allow the IP to suck fuel through that stock/OEM diaphragm lift-pump at WOT. :hehe:

Back