Well... it runs..

B N S slammer

Got the truck fired up yesterday after the swap. It idles silky smooth and I was happy to see no oil or fuel leaks but I've still got a couple issues.
-Stiff throttle: What could cause this?
-White smoke haze: Normal with bigger injectors and advanced timing (23*)?
-It almost sounds like it knocks some giving it fuel past idle. Would this sound be due to advanced timing as well?

Mine has a slight almost fuel knock sound when idling. I got paranoid and watched some ppump 24v videos and found they all had a noisy idle LOL

Mine goes away off of idle but at idle its a fast lope with a knockish noise.

Did you modify the afc with a larger spring? I've seen that make for a stiff pedal if not done right.

The only 24v p-pump trucks I've been around didn't have the cleanest sounding idle. They definitely sound like a mix between 12 and 24v.

Pump was benched at DPE... the stiff throttle is the worst. I guess I need to pull the connecting rod off to see if it still pushes so hard..

What kind of return springs do you have on the pump throttle? I ended up having to find a lighter return spring.

I only have the one on the front that I got from odieub or however you spell his name on here. It seems like the main circular heavy spring is just too much?

The stiff pedal could be a couple things. Too many/stiff return springs. The fuel solenoid not pulling up fully (if equipped). Frayed throttle cable. Not enough leverage on the throttle linkage (some kits are adjustable). AFC fully to the rear and not allowing much throttle travel, and causing the internal springs to override the throttle input. The last one you can usually tell as it goes stiff, then quite light. Same thing as moving the throttle when the shut off lever is completely down (off).

White smoke is usually pretty normal on bigger injectors/higher timing/cold engine in my experience.

I never noticed a knocking noise after my swap, but the sound was definitely different. Much more like a 12v than a VP 24v.

Well I pulled it apart. I unhookef the cable first and it works ok. Then I disconnected the rod from the throttle in the back of the pump and it works smooth as well. I hooked the cable back up with the rod disconnected and it still pushes hard. Somethins not right with main circular lookin spring I think..

Back