Well Sh*t!!

Preventive ideas????

fair point. Looks like i'll be borrowing a borescope just to check haha, mine always fires up but occasionally has a nasty shake or two when starting cold

Thats exactly what mine was doing.

ok reading this has got me a little paranoid, any preventive ideas out of this whole thing? hard cold starts go get the injectors tested kinda thing? my CR is my only transportation and i'd like to continue to have a set of wheels...

ok reading this has got me a little paranoid, any preventive ideas out of this whole thing? hard cold starts go get the injectors tested kinda thing? my CR is my only transportation and i'd like to continue to have a set of wheels...

Best thing is supplying clean fuel. Factory kind of missed that mark. You can purchase, or construct, a filter setup that will remove water and filter to 2 micron particles. Injectors will live a long happy life with clean fuel.

You can scope to make sure the pistons are Ok but your gong to need to have the Injectors checked.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I'm have one Hell of a cold start issue.

Coughs and smoked something nasty when cold.
The grid heater is working.

If I kick the idle up to 1200ish it smooths out within say 20 seconds but that 20 seconds is bad. Raw fuel coming out the tail pipe.
I plugged in the block heater over night and the engine was at 100deg before attempting to start.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Same boat man. Bad fuel killed #1 injector fried no1piston low compression on 2,3,4 now. Started the same way hard cold start smoky first thing even when plugged up. My cr is my dd so this fing sucks not to mention just after Xmas and everything else.

Got me a little paranoid now. Since cold temps have set in here, my truck has developed a stumble. High idle when cold is the worst. Driving or in gear it is just fine. Makes good power and still pulls great. Low idle is fine though. Free revving to 1000 rpm and it doesn't have a miss either. Injectors have 50k on them, been filtered 2 micron for 35k and the truck has 235k

Back