Went to BEANS today

Rods

Turbo Crasher
Well im not much into dyno #s but I wanted to see were im at and what changes in the plate would do . On the first pass with my usual setup it done 567 , so I moved the the plate to almost FF and made 651 .I was pretty happy not with just the #s but seeing that it could use more fuel going to add some 191 DVs and see what happens . I tried to play with timing but my tape is missing and got it to hi and just gave up on it till another day all in all I'm happy with it usen a stock cam (270K on it) . Going to add some kind of a drop in for next year my 913 is at the shop now getting rebuilt with flat plungers so no worry of retard I have a 887 on it now

Attachments

• dyno1.jpg
    dyno1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 116
Dang Rodney you should have waited for the dyno day on Dec 12th! I'm planning on taking the puller down, and I'm trying to talk Lynn into taking his back since he got rid of the garden hose injectors! LOL

Those are some good numbers for a p-pumped 24V... gives me some hope on mine if I ever get it running! What size turbo is that? Did you do all the pump work yourself or is this a shop's pump?

Sweet numbers, looks like you held that power for quiet a while over the rpm range too. Give me a call sometime I'd like to know a little more on the set up if you don't mind sharing. Hoping to get on the rollers pretty soon myself just had the tranny gone through with some billet so after the new wears off I'm gonna give er a whirl. I would very pleased with those numbers.

I use a Holset 2.5 charger with a unique 11 cm housing I believe thats y the TQ is so hi but my BP is with in 20lbs or so .Mark I'm going back down on that day I'm going to swap turbos and see if the S4 makes any more power dunno if I have the fuel tho ..Pump has been benched to 500CC with the 181s I just put in 191s today and I also noticed during the dyno runs alot of blacksmoke under the hood well today I found out y I put 2 long bolts on # 5 and 6 on the bottom of the manifold when I swapped it so it was blowing out alot of soot from that got that fixed and noticed still some leakage from the middle under neath need another hand there so I can have a better look

Good numbers Rodney, If you through some more timing at it like you where going to it will help level those lines out. What are you at now?

I bumped it to 37 deg on light like 43 pump it lost 10 hp witch I was suprised it didnt loose more my tape was gone so I was guessing . So I came home and added some 191 and bumped timing to 29 , just have to wait and see how much the #s changed when I go back then back then back again , thx for u and bretts advice

Dang Rodney you should have waited for the dyno day on Dec 12th! I'm planning on taking the puller down, and I'm trying to talk Lynn into taking his back since he got rid of the FIRE hose injectors! LOL

Fixed it for ya there Mark Ol pal.

Lynn

What shop did you send it to and how much did it cost to buy and install the plungers? What cam are you thinking of going with?
Well im not much into dyno #s but I wanted to see were im at and what changes in the plate would do . On the first pass with my usual setup it done 567 , so I moved the the plate to almost FF and made 651 .I was pretty happy not with just the #s but seeing that it could use more fuel going to add some 191 DVs and see what happens . I tried to play with timing but my tape is missing and got it to hi and just gave up on it till another day all in all I'm happy with it usen a stock cam (270K on it) . Going to add some kind of a drop in for next year my 913 is at the shop now getting rebuilt with flat plungers so no worry of retard I have a 887 on it now

nice numbers, when i get my injectors and turbo i want to take it to Beans i dont suppose they can give me some help with the tuning on the ppump can they or would it be better if it was tuned before i went

The pump went back to the place that built it GOFF diesel in utah 801) 288-9222 Give them a shout , as for cams I dunno if I want to get crazy with valve relives or use a drop in ,be around the first of the year

I dont know how much they do on tuning Ppumps , I did all my work they just ran the truck

I like there dyno it will load the truck like a sled, better have good tires they had them blow out they were worried about mine luckily they held

Back