Were do I go from here

jd3rdnoah

2001 7.3 with no mods. Hpop @ 2300psi, change CPS, new batteries. Turns over great but won't start. Not even try to start. No smoke or anything.
I'm lost. What do I try from here?
Thanks for any help

Yes. When I turn on the key I hear the fuel pump pump to pressure then stop.

you can always try and test for fuel pressure, take the filter out and make sure its getting fuel, sounds like thats what your lacking, could also be a injector module.

I talked to the guy I bought this truck from tonight. He said it had a chip in it when he bought it. He didn't know what brand it is. He said all he ever used was the hi idle. How do I find out what brand it is and could this be part of my not starting problem??????

I have read were some chips have an ignition-kill security setting. Could a chip go bad and maybe this is the problem with the no start. There is no indication it even wants to start. No smoke like it is trying or anything.
Thanks for any ideas.

If you think it may be chip related just pull it out. Look up behind the e-brake pedal on the firewall for the ECM...the chip will just be stuck into it from the side you'll be looking at. Just pull it out and see if it'll start.
There may be a plastic cover over the ECM or a piece of tape holding the chip in place depending on how it was installed.

Back