WH1C Rebuild question?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Hey guys...

I picked up a "good" used wh1c from a local for a small compound setup on my 4bt.

I noticed when I picked it up that it had a bit of play but I couldn't see any rub marks nor could I feel any drag when pushing on the wheel... well I have it home and pulled it apart and there is a shiny spot on the compressor housing where the wheel has rubbed...

It doesn't appear to have removed much if any material... and the wheel has shiny spots on the fins where it had rubbed the housing.

Question is... I already have the genuine holset rebuild kit sitting on the bench and I was ready to go through it... but since it has rubbed the housing slightly... do I have to replace bot the housing and the wheel too?

I've read where some just throw in the kit and go on with it where others replace everything... The housing doesn't look to have much if any wear... just a shiny area. The wheel has rub marks but I have nothing to compare it to as far as how much material was removed.

So... will it be ok to rebuild it as it sits or do I need a new wheel?

Sorry if its a dumb question.. have just seen different views on the same subject.

Thanks guys
-Chris

rebuild it if u can get the bur or bumps of the compressor wheen with emery cloth... if the wheel has any damage or u dought its strenght get a new wheel and keep te old one as a spare.

The wheel doesn't have any bumps or anything... it just looks polished on the edge of the fins that rubbed... no bends or burs or anything like that.... that's why I wasn't sure if I could just use it because it doesn't look too bad to me.

I'll snap a picture of it later today

-Chris

Back