What am I missing??

theonlyz

professional he** raiser
Did a full make over of the truck. First stripped all accessories off the block and painted the block in frame, basically just the passenger side and front cover. Then had everything powdercoated that was taken off and installed a set of twins. The only things that I really changed when I did this were I did a retorque on the head studs and re-adjusted the valves but not enough to matter. The valves were so close I basically could have left them the way they were.

When I went to restart last night she would roll over then fire and run like she was on one cyl. First thing was the air dogg wasnt turning on got that figured out, it wasnt liking being hooked to the alternator so I moved it to the battery. Then I missed a heavy ground that goes to the ecm it looked or maybe block, it was late and dark. Everything else seems to be hooked up but, I must be missing something easy.

Each time Id pull the codes it said map sensor air temp sensor fan speed(flexalite) and heater relays(no pass battery and no grid heater) that was the first time. Then the second time it said same stuff except this time it said cam sensor. Then the third time it said just the little fail codes nothing major.

Today Im going to unhook the tst and try running it on the factory harness, also truck has no tune on it. Im wondering if some paint got on the tone ring sensor or something. When she fires up it only runs for a few seconds and about shakes the truck off the gound. Any help would be great as Im just brain storming till I come home from work.:bow:

I'd start with removing the TST harness and double checking your valve lash.

Well I just got home and took the sensor out that reads the tone ring and cleaned it off with shallow hope of it fixing something with no change. Now I will remove the tst but, everything worked fine before I started this whole deal. Something I thought of on the way home was I had the spacer in between the block and the rocker cover powder coated. To do that I removed the injector harnesses. I had them layed out in order but some how they got moved around in my tool box that never moves. Is it a possibility they all have to stay in a certain order? I know all the wires are in the right spots according to color but is there by chance only one position that each of the 3 can be??

Got her figured out, I guess I was a little too late last night and I just needed a break. Had two of the injector harnesses swapped. Feel just plain stupid now.

She started up ran for a bit I bumped the throttle a couple times and POW!!!, blew the dam filter oring out of place. Its going to have to wait for tomorrow due to the huge mess.

Thanks for the help

Back